What You’ll Learn
CompTIA CertMaster Labs for Security+ (Exam SY0-601) enable hands-on practice and skills development using real equipment and software accessed through a remote, browser-based lab environment. Aligned with Official CompTIA learning products such as CertMaster Learn and the CompTIA Security+ (Exam SY0-601) exam objectives, CertMaster Labs make it easy for learners to practice and apply their skills in real workplace scenarios in preparation for the certification exam. All lab activities include gradable assessments, offer feedback and hints, and provide a score based on learner inputs, ultimately guiding you to the most correct and efficient path through job tasks.
There are two types of labs in the course:
- Assisted Labs guide the learner step-by-step through tasks, offering assessment and feedback throughout a 10-15 minute experience, allowing the learner to correct any misunderstandings as they proceed through the activity.
- Applied Labs present a series of goal-oriented scenarios in a 20-30 minute experience covering multiple topics, scoring the student at the end of the activity based on their ability to successfully complete each scenario. As a result, learners are forced to think critically about how to approach problems without a prescribed set of steps.
Assisted Lab: Exploring the Lab Environment
Assisted Lab: Scanning and Identifying Network Nodes
Assisted Lab: Intercepting and Interpreting Network Traffic with Packet Sniffing Tools
Assisted Lab: Analyzing the Results of a Credentialed Vulnerability Scan
Assisted Lab: Installing, Using, and Blocking a Malware-based Backdoor
APPLIED LAB: Performing Network Reconnaissance and Vulnerability Scanning
Assisted Lab: Managing the Lifecycle of a Certificate
Assisted Lab: Managing Certificates with OpenSSL
Assisted Lab: Auditing Passwords with a Password Cracking Utility
Assisted Lab: Managing Centralized Authentication
Assisted Lab: Managing Access Controls in Windows Server
Assisted Lab: Configuring a System for Auditing Policies
Assisted Lab: Managing Access Controls in Linux
APPLIED LAB: Configuring Identity and Access Management Controls
Assisted Lab: Implementing a Secure Network Design
Assisted Lab: Configuring a Firewall
Assisted Lab: Configuring an Intrusion Detection System
Assisted Lab: Implementing Secure Network Addressing Services
Assisted Lab: Implementing a Virtual Private Network
Assisted Lab: Implementing a Secure SSH Server
Assisted Lab: Implementing Endpoint Protection
APPLIED LAB: Securing the Network Infrastructure
Assisted Lab: Identifying Application Attack Indicators
Assisted Lab: Identifying a Browser Attack
Assisted Lab: Implementing PowerShell Security
Assisted Lab: Identifying Malicious Code
APPLIED LAB: Identifying Application Attacks
Assisted Lab: Managing Data Sources for Incident Response
Assisted Lab: Configuring Mitigation Controls
Assisted Lab: Acquiring Digital Forensics Evidence
Assisted Lab: Backing Up and Restoring Data in Windows and Linux
APPLIED LAB: Managing Incident Response, Mitigation and Recovery
Accessing the Course Materials
An access key and registration instructions will be sent via email after your purchase is complete.
You may then login anytime at
About CompTIA Security+
CompTIA Security+ is a global certification that validates the baseline skills necessary to perform core security functions and pursue an IT security career.
- More choose Security+ – chosen by more corporations and defense organizations than any other certification on the market to validate baseline security skills and for fulfilling the DoD 8570 compliance.
- Security+ proves hands-on skills – the only baseline cybersecurity certification emphasizing hands-on practical skills, ensuring the security professional is better prepared to problem solve a wider variety of today’s complex issues.
- More job roles turn to Security+ to supplement skills – baseline cybersecurity skills are applicable across more of today’s job roles to secure systems, software and hardware.
- Security+ is aligned to the latest trends and techniques – covering the most core technical skills in risk assessment and management, incident response, forensics, enterprise networks, hybrid/cloud operations, and security controls, ensuring high-performance on the job.
For the latest Security+ exam information regarding availability, version and pending retirement, please visit