Designed for self-paced learners, this fully illustrated book covers all the latest CompTIA Network+ (N10-007) exam objectives and is packed with informative and accessible content. Includes the following:
- Content aligned to work in the real world – Lessons refer to functional areas within the job role while Topics relate to discrete job tasks
- Comprehensive glossary with important terms and acronyms
What you’ll learn
The Official CompTIA Network+ Study Guide (N10-007) has been developed by CompTIA for the CompTIA certification candidate. Rigorously evaluated by third party subject matter experts to validate adequate coverage of the exam objectives, The Official CompTIA Network+ Study Guide teaches the essential skills and information required for the CompTIA certification exam.
After reading this study guide you will understand how to:
- Explain the OSI and TCP/IP Models
- Explain the properties of network traffic
- Install and configure switched networks
- Configure IP networks
- Install and configure routed networks
- Configure and monitor ports and protocols
- Explain network application and storage issues
- Monitor and troubleshoot networks
- Explain network attacks and mitigations
- Install and configure security devices
- Explain authentication and access controls
- Deploy and troubleshoot cabling solutions
- Implement and troubleshoot wireless technologies
- Compare and contrast WAN technologies
- Use remote access methods
- Identify site policies and best practices
Accessing the eBook
eBooks are delivered through the Official CompTIA Self-Paced Study Guide eReader. This platform gives browser-based access to the full content with bookmarking, search, and annotation features. You will receive an access key and full instructions for accessing the platform within 3-4 hours of purchase.
Access keys must be redeemed within 12 months of purchase.
Pub. Date: 2019-09-17
Author(s): James Pengelly
Table of Contents
Lesson 1: Explaining the OSI Model and TCP/IP Models
Lesson 2: Explaining Properties of Network Traffic
Lesson 3: Installing and Configuring Switched Networks
Lesson 4: Configuring IP Networks
Lesson 5: Installing and Configuring Routed Networks
Lesson 6: Configuring and Monitoring Ports and Protocols
Lesson 7: Explaining Network Applications and Storage Services
Lesson 8: Monitoring and Troubleshooting Networks
Lesson 9: Explaining Networking Attacks and Mitigations
Lesson 10: Installing and Configuring Security Devices
Lesson 11: Explaining Authentication and Access Controls
Lesson 12: Deploying and Troubleshooting Cabling Solutions
Lesson 13: Implementing and Troubleshooting Wireless Technologies
Lesson 14: Comparing and Contrasting WAN Technologies
Lesson 15: Using Remote Access Methods
Lesson 16: Identifying Site Policies and Best Practices
Appendix A: Mapping Course Content to CompTIA Network+ (Exam N10-007)
About CompTIA Network+
CompTIA Network+ verifies that you have the essential knowledge and skills in networking to develop a career in IT infrastructure.
Unlike other vendor-specific networking certifications, CompTIA Network+ prepares you to support the network regardless of the platform. It forms the foundation you need before specializing in a vendor solution.
CompTIA Network+ is the only certification that covers both wired and wireless networks.
For the latest Network+ exam information regarding availability, version and pending retirement, please visit
There are no reviews yet.